There are currently others mining on blockoutmc.com

Welcome Back: Beta Release, New Discord, and Future Updates!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GGNoPotato, May 29, 2018.

By GGNoPotato on May 29, 2018 at 4:52 PM
  1. GGNoPotato

GGNoPotato Administrator
    Staff Member

As we approach into summer, and classes come to an end, we're pleased to officially announce the release of BlockoutMC on Friday June 15th, 2018 Sunday June 24th 3PM EST.

I would personally like to thank all of the staff team for making this possible, and the great support from our community members during Beta testing.

Beta Map:
    1 week after the re-launch we have reached our max players!
    [​IMG]
    • This is a great accomplishment for BMC, as we make our way to growing much bigger.
    New Features:
    1. Clans will be implemented in a few days. Creation of clans is a purchasable perk with the new global currency: Bits
    2. The Bits system is a separate economy from in-game (you can see a screenshot below of the store)
    3. Voting will also be implemented in the upcoming days. Voting will provide you with PvP supplies and a random chance of winning some Bits
    4. There is now an Anti-Looter timer of 10 seconds. Anyone that is not in your clan will not be able to loot items that you are rewarded with during that time. Also this only rewards the player who dealt the most damage.
    5. AuctionHouse has been added. You can access the auction house interface by typing /ah. This will allow you to sell your items to the entire server when online or offline
    6. You can now view all of BMC's punishments @ https://blockoutmc.com/bans/
    [​IMG]

This beta map will end Friday June 15th @ 12PM EST Sunday June 24th @ 3PM EST. We will be holding an EOTW at that time, below I will go into detail on EOTW specifics...
    1. EOTW will begin promptly at 12PM EST.
    2. At this time, ALL safezones will be removed.
    3. The arena will be surrounded by bedrock to prevent leaving the map as all blocks will become breakable.
    4. Warps will start to be restricted as PvP is slowly focused into the arena.
    5. When a player dies, you will be eliminated from the EOTW. You will be allowed to spectate in designated areas.
    6. The objective of EOTW will be to cap the zone in the center of the arena.
    7. The winning clan will then win an EOTW kit, which is redeemable 3 days after SOTW.
    8. The clan will then perform an FFA of the surviving members to determine the winner who will receive an [EOTW] suffix next to their name and $250 donation credits.

New Discord:
    Join our new discord server! We will soon be adding discord verification to the server, so in order to chat in discord you will need to verify with your minecraft account. This will also allow us to hold weekly games in the discord which can reward you with in-game money. Discord creds to @Doury

Click to join!

[​IMG]

Future Updates:
    There will now be an organized update system. Most updates and new features will be polled in game. You will be able to select an NPC to vote on things you want to see implemented.

Major updates will be posted every Sunday at 3PM EST. Other updates will be done hourly as needed with warnings announced in game prior.
    - Dungeons: Easy, Medium, Hard
    - 1vs1: Ranked system as well as PvP bot practice
    - Bounty: Set bounties on other players
    - Daily quests: achievements and rewards given upon completion
    - Donor Plots
    - PvP Statistics: A tracking system that will also be synced to the forums to allow players to see their kills, deaths, streaks, economy balance and much more!

Ranks:
    [​IMG]
    As many of you have been asking me about ranks, below is one question. My answer should clear up the confusion.
    • What is the (STAR) next to my name?:
      • Those that donated on OdieGaming or BlockoutMC prior to May 2018 will receive the Veteran rank. This rank is a permanent rank, and is unobtainable by any other means. This being said, those with the veteran rank will be allowed to enchant at donor enchanting safe from PVP. I made this decision after several months and considering all the options. In order for BMC to grow at the rate I feel comfortable with it growing, there needed to be a rank reset. All profits that I gain from BMC will only go straight back into the server. My intentions are only to make BMC a fun place for everyone.

We are recruiting!:
    The staff team is now accepting new members. Please fill out the application here and be sure to follow the format.

**Update**
    June 4th 2018: EOTW date has been pushed back 1 week due to timing concerns. This will allow us to prepare enough for youtubers and a new map to be built as well as making sure every possible bug is fixed.

#1 GGNoPotato, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GGNoPotato, May 29, 2018.